A traditional kerala dessert prepared in pressure cooker.
Preparation time: 50 mins | Serves: 6
1. Rice – 1 big handful
2. Milk – 1 ltr
3. Sugar – 1 cup heaped
4 Ghee – 1 tbspn
5. Cashew nuts and raisins – 2 tbspn
* Wash and thoroughly dry the rice, and cracked it using a mixer for only 2 sec.
* Keep a pressure cooker on the stove.
* Pour milk into it after flaming it.
* Add sugar into it.
* Stir until the sugar dissolves.
* After that keep the flame in sim and add cracked rice into the milk.
* Stir it for a minute.
* Close the lid of cooker and put weight on it. Cook until 30 minutes.
* Do not allow the Whistle to come. Whenever the whistle is about to come switch it off and wait for sometime and again flame it in sim.
* Adjust the cooking time until 35~ 40 minute. When the rice cooked well, turn it off.
* Keep it closed for sometime and it will turn to a light ink color.
* Then add cashew nuts and raisins roasted in ghee.