Simple and quick side dish for chapathi, roti and even for pulav.
Preparation time: 20 minutes | Serves 4
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 2 onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts soaked in hot water
- 2 tbsp oil
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 cup water
- Coriander leaves
- Roasted cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 2 red chillies
- Cook potatoes and then peel it and cut into cubes.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry the potatoeos and keep aside.
- Grind onion, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, green chillies, cashew nuts to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add cumin seeds , when it sputter add red chillies and fry it.
- Then add that fine paste to it and cook till the raw smell goes.
- After that add turmeric powder, chillies powder, coriander powder, garam masala and needed salt and cook it for 3 minutes.
- Add the fried potatoes and a cup of water and simmer till the gravy thickens.
- Finally garnish it with coriander leaves and roasted cashews