Preparation time: 2 hr | Serves 4
For vegetable masala:
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup beans
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 3 onions sliced
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp Curry leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Poppyseeds
- Coconut oil as required
- Salt as required
For bhiriyani rice:
- 2 cup Basmati rice
- 2 onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks (small)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 4 cup boiled water
- 2 tbsp vanaspathi
- 2 tsp ghee
- Salt as required
- Cashew nut – 2 tbsp
- Raisin -2 tbsp
- Onion sliced – 1
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Saute the sliced onions in 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic and green chillies. Saute for some time.
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves and curry leaves. after some time add tomtoes.
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder and required salt.
- Add poppy seeds, chopped tomatoes . Mix well in low heat.
- Stir in the chopped vegetbles, and 1/4 tsp garam masala powder.
- Remove from fire when the gravy thickens and the vegetables cookes well. Keep this aside.
- Wash the biriyani rice and drain well.
- Take a pan and pour ghee .
- Heat the ghee and saute cashew nuts and raisins nd keep aside.
- Then fry the thinly sliced onions until golden color. Remove the fried onions and keep this aside.
- In the same ghee add vanaspathi, splutter cardamom, cloves, pepper and cinnamon. Add onions and saute well.
- Stir in drained rice and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add hot water, lime juice and required salt.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minute (It will change according to the rice).
- Remove from fire. Keep this aside.
- Take a deep vessel and put one layer of vegetable masala. Follow up with a layer of rice, fried onions, raisins and cashewnuts.Repeat one more layer on top. Cover with a lid and nd cook for 10 minutes in low heat.
- Serve hot with pickle and raitha .