Ada Pradhaman is a classic dessert or traditional payasam of Kerala. Ada pradhaman is prepared with jaggery, rice ada and coconut milk is especially popular during the festival of Onam. It is an integral part of Onam sadya menu. Enjoy this Onam with sweetness. 🙂
Preparation time: 45 min | Serves 4
Rice ada – 100 g
Jaggery – 1/4 cup
Thin coconut milk – 1 cup
Thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Coconut bits – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder -1/4 tsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Water – 2 cup
- Add water into ada and cook it . Then drain it out and wash in cold water.This is done to prevent the ada from sticking to each other. Then keep aside.
- Make jaggery syrup and strain it to remove impurities if any.
- In a pan add the jaggery syrup and cooked ada and mix it well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee in between and mix well.
- In this add thin coconut milk and allow to boil.
- Once it thickens, add thick coconut milk and cardamom powder and switch off the flame .
- Fry coconut bits in ghee and garnish the Pradhaman with it.