hello friends, yet another Diwali special. A halwa made of apple, isn’t it interesting? 🙂
I should say, this is for the first time I tried to make an Apple Halwa, believe me it was awesome, I loved it. Why don’t you guys also give a try?
I am sharing you the recepie for your turn. Please try it and share your experience too 🙂
Preparation time: 45 min | Serves 4
Ghee 2 tbsp
Water 1 tbsp
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
vanilla extract 2 tsp
Sugar 7 tbsp
Cashew nuts for garnishing
- Melt ghee in a saucepan.
- Add the apples into the ghee and fry them for 4-5 minutes.
- When they get soft and browned, add 1 tbsp water.
- Lower the heat and cook the apples uncovered for 15 minutes till they thicken.
- Mash the apples with spoon and stir frequently to avoid the mixture from getting burnt.
- Add the sugar.
- Continue to stir and cook till the whole mixture mixed well and thicken.
- Add cinnamon powder and vanilla extract. mix these and continue to stir.
- when the mixture becomes translucent around the edges remove the saucepan from the fire.
- Spread the halwa in a ghee coated plate with 1 inch thickness
- Decorate the halwa with Cashew nuts.
- When it cooled, we can cut into squares.
- Apple halwa can be refrigerated and It will stay good for 3-4 days.