They have told, “Patience is the key to success” though I don’t know who that ‘They’ are 😉 but its true..and the proof , an awesome Kara Boondi.
A Diwali snack to enjoy on your happy holidays !!
Preparation time: 45 min | makes : 2 cups
Besan flour/Kadalamavu – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1/4 cup
Water – 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafetoida – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – a tiny pinch
Oil to deep fry
Peanuts – 2 tbsp
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Cashew nuts – 1 tbsp
- In a bowl, sift besan flour add baking powder, half of asafetoida, rice flour, chilli powder and salt mix well.
- Now mix it with water little by little and keep mixing without any lumps.
- Mix everything well to a smooth little thicker than the baji batter and mix it well.
- Now the batter is ready to make boondis.
- You need two perforated ladles, one to pour batter and one to remove the fried boondis from oil.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying, once the oil gets hot, pour the batter into the perforated ladlel, and gently tap the poured ladle to make the boondis fall into the oil.
- Then fry till golden colour and crispy. Then remove it from the oil and drain it in paper towel.
- Do repeat the same procedure for remaining batter once all done.
- Finally fry peanuts, cashew nuts and curry leaves in a 1 tsp oil. Then switch off the stove and sprinkle 1/4 tsp asafetoida , pinch of salt and chilli powder and mix boondi with this.
- Keep it in Air tight container and enjoy the snack 🙂