Chocolate fudge with Chocolate sauce and nuts
No bake fudge of chocolate made on the stove top.
Preparation time: 50 mins | Serves: 4
Maida – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Egg – 1
Milk – 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Butter – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Boiling water – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, butter, powdered sugar, water, vanilla essence and salt.
Add egg and milk into the mix and beat the batter till it become smooth.
- Transfer the batter into a baking tin that coated with butter and sprinkle some flour over it.
- Take some water and place a ring in the pressure cooker and place the cake tin on it.
- Cover the cooker with its lid, without the whistle and let it cook for high flame for five minutes then reduce the flame and cook it for 30 to 40 minutes.
- To check whether the cake is cooked, insert a knife into it . If the knife comes out clear, then cake is cooked. If it comes out sticky let it cook for some more time.
Sugar – 1 cup
Butter- 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder- 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Milk – 1/4 cup
- Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan and cook it for one minute.
- Pour the chocolate sauce on the prepared chocolate fudge and give a roasted nut topping . I am here used roasted cashew nuts.
- Now njoy the sweetness !!!!!!
Fruit Salad with Ice cream
Preparation time: 30 mins | Serves: 4
Pineapple -1 small
Grapes (Green and black seedless) -1 cup
Banana – 2
Mango – 1
Lime juice – 3 tbspn
Sugar - 6 tbspn
Mixed fruit jam
- Cut all fruits into small cubes.
- Add lime juice and sugar into it. Mix it well and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Take ice cream bowl. Add some jam into it then add fruit mix on top of it add some more jam then place 2 scoops of ice cream. Top of it add crushed cashew nuts and cherry for garnish.
- Fruits Salad with ice cream is ready.
A traditional kerala dessert prepared in pressure cooker.
Preparation time: 50 mins | Serves: 6
Rice – 1 big handful
Milk – 1 ltr
Sugar – 1 cup heaped
Ghee – 1 tbspn
Cashew nuts and raisins – 2 tbspn
- Wash and thoroughly dry the rice, and cracked it using a mixer for only 2 sec.
- Keep a pressure cooker on the stove.
- Pour milk into it after flaming it.
- Add sugar into it.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves
- After that keep the flame in sim and add cracked rice into the milk.
- Stir it for a minute.
- Close the lid of cooker and put weight on it. Cook until 30 minutes.
- Do not allow the Whistle to come. Whenever the whistle is about to come switch it off and wait for sometime and again flame it in sim.
- Adjust the cooking time until 35~ 40 minute. When the rice cooked well, turn it off.
- Keep it closed for sometime and it will turn to a light ink color.
- Then add cashew nuts and raisins roasted in ghee.
Rava Kesari is a popular South Indian sweet that is made using Semolina/Rava. An easy,delicious sweet recipe to make for occasions,and to please your guest . I am using turmeric powder for yellow color rather than using artificial colors. Rava has to be cooked well else kesari will turn hard and chewy.
Preparation time: 20 mins | Serves: 7-8
1 Rava – 1 cup
2. Sugar – 1 cup
3. Milk – 1/2 cup
4. Ghee – 3 tbspn
5. Water – 1/2 cup
6. Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
7. Turmeric powder – a pinch
8. Cashew nuts and raisins – 1 tbsp
- Heat ghee and roast cashews, raisins till it turns to golden brown, keep aside.
- In the same pan, roast the rava in ghee in low flame until nice aroma comes and when it starts to change color.Add turmeric powder to it.Mix it well.
- Same time boil milk and water in another pan.Add that boiled milk into roasted rava.This is the stage where you have to be very careful take care not to form lumps.So stir it continously. Cover it for sometime until the rava get cooked.
- Once the rava is cooked add the sugar, now it will start to loosen up.keep stirring continuously. Until it is thick, add ghee and give a quick mix.Add cardamom powder and fried cashews nd raisins.Switch it off.
Optional :Grease a plate with ghee and spread the kesari in it and after cooling down,cut it in whatever shape you want.
Ada Pradhaman is a classic dessert or traditional payasam of Kerala. Ada pradhaman is prepared with jaggery, rice ada and coconut milk is especially popular during the festival of Onam. It is an integral part of Onam sadya menu. Enjoy this Onam with sweetness. 🙂
Preparation time: 45 min | Serves 4
Rice ada – 100 g
Jaggery – 1/4 cup
Thin coconut milk – 1 cup
Thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Coconut bits – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder -1/4 tsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Water – 2 cup
- Add water into ada and cook it . Then drain it out and wash in cold water.This is done to prevent the ada from sticking to each other. Then keep aside.
- Make jaggery syrup and strain it to remove impurities if any.
- In a pan add the jaggery syrup and cooked ada and mix it well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee in between and mix well.
- In this add thin coconut milk and allow to boil.
- Once it thickens, add thick coconut milk and cardamom powder and switch off the flame .
- Fry coconut bits in ghee and garnish the Pradhaman with it.